Monday, May 21, 2007

Sometimes

Sometimes I get my hopes up. I make things into way more than they need be... I envision how things will play out and conjure fairy tale endings to go along with it. Rarely do things go that way. I've never had a fairy tale ending so i'm not too sure why i'm expecting one now.

The dreamer in me is starting to give way to the realist. Moments of happiness are interspersed with sadness. Dreams that i've had are put on hold indefinitely to make way for those of others. Maybe someday someone will want to make my dreams a reality too... I doubt it though cuz like i said before i've never had a fairy tale ending... I doubt they'll start now

2 comments:

Deluge said...

that sounds like my mood right now

Ann said...

I can relate to some of the feelings that you have expressed. I think it may have to do with our age (I am approaching the mid 30s). We aren't kids anymore but I have a real sense of "what should I have accomplished by now." I think this age makes you take a self inventory...