Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I make lists

So last night I started making lists. I just meant to start with a "to do" list for today... it quickly turned into about three other lists... goals, groceries, furniture to buy, books to read... you name it, I listed it. And when I was done, i felt relieved. It was like a weight had been lifted. Getting things out of my head and onto paper lets me do a few things. It helps me to free up space in my brain. As long as i have that list i can forget all the things i was supposed to remember because I have my cheat sheet. Writing also helps me to visualize the things i need to do.

By the time i went to sleep I had let go of a ton of anxiety and was able to actually rest. I got up this morning and made lunch and breakfast and got to work (almost) on time.

Yaty for lists!

1 comment:

Geezie said...

i've been writing alot of lists lately...

Cuz otherwise I will completely forgot the stuff I am supposed to be doing.

My problem is that I lose the lists...LOL.

I write them on post-it-notes and other random sheets of paper and then forget them.