Sunday, October 28, 2007

I sliced my finger open

not in a bloody way... but in that the top layer of skin is sliced and it hurts a little kind of way. I think it'd feel better if i put a band-aid on it, but it's not bleeding so i can't/won't do that.

The past two weekends have been a blur. We went to Chicago last week for a party and to see some friends. It made me happy. I laff a lot more when i'm not in DC.

This weekend we headed to Denver. I was there on business but i dragged BJ along so we could catch Game 3 of the World Series. Friday night was the third annual team dinner at the Buckhorn Exchange. I had the yak and the ostrich... YUMMY. Both were quite delicious but the yak killed it. I also had some rattlesnake which was kinda eh. All in all the meal was great.

The people in Denver were amazingly nice. Friday we headed to a party after the dinner hosted by DJ Low Key. He's a cool cat and probably as big a Pete Rock fan as me. He was djing at a rooftop party which was pretty cool. We slept thru most of Saturday but wound up at the Original Pancake House about 20 minutes before it closed. From there we went off in search of mountains... and couldn't find them. I mean i googled, mapquested and everything else i could think of but we just couldn't find those sons of bitches. So we went back to the room to nap some more (thin, dry air makes you thirsty and sleepy)and then headed to the game.
It ws cold. Plain and simple.
But the Red Sox won so i was happy.

We woke up at about 3am this morning to catch our 6am flight back to DC... too bad the plane didnt really leave until 9am :( Oops

I'm home safe and sound now, full of spaghetti and ready to go to sleep.

3 comments:

E said...

couldn't find the mountains... lol. i mean they can be hard to find.

mariam said...

Yak? I'm intrigued.

broady said...

trip sounds realy cool. im actually looking to move out there. how was the black hipster scene? or did u get a glimpse of one at all?