Sunday, October 14, 2007

Interviews, Piercings, and Pregnancy

I'll go ahead and get the last one out of the way first. No, it ain't me. It's my niece. I'm toggling between joy, fear and jealousy. I sometimes wonder if all of "i hate babies" talk has in some way jinxed/doomed me to a childless existence. Then I think about alllll the other stuff I've talked shit about and realize that that probably isn't the case. But yes, she's having a baby and I wish her all the best.

I had my interview with the organization in Berkeley on Thursday. I have NO clue how it went. I mean I don't think I said anything too off the wall or even remotely off the wall. The lady and I seemed to get along well enough and often, after I'd say something she'd say how that would be an asset to the org. I thought maybe that was an unconscious clue to me that I should do more to relate the answers to the org but then the direction changed so I didn't get the chance.

I went to NY for the day today and walked my poor little feet off. I'm pretty achy right now but lord knows i needed the exercise. While I was there I got my other tragus pierced. The guy that did it was really cool and offered to show me several of his piercings.... Not in a perverted way... more in a "damnit i have my butt pierced and i need someone to see this shit" (no pun intended). I politely declined. I also politely declined when he asked me if i wanted to see some pics of him doing suspension work... ummm ewwwwww

I think that's about all for me. I've decided to go ahead and accept the gig at the DOJ (no it wasn't ever really a decision). I'm not looking forward to the background check but, hopefully, it'll make things easier if I wind up back in the govt. Now, I'm gonna go soak my feet.

No comments: