Sunday, February 10, 2008

Rested

I finally feel like I'm back to normal. Alot of weights have been lifted and I think I'm ready to get back on track. I struggled with my first draft for my ALR comment, but I got it done and was told that it was a "good effort"... as opposed to the "what in the fuck is *this* crap" that I was expecting. Two more drafts and it's all over.

I also got elected to the 2008-2009 editorial board (ie the big thing that i didn't want to talk about). The note and comment editor position was my second choice, but I completely understand why I didn't get my first choice so i'm only moderately bitter :)
Either way that means that after this summer I have only 14 credit hours left to graduate. It's really almost over!

I also found out that the organization that I'm working for this summer has secured frequent flyer miles for me to get to and from San Francisco for the internship... this would mean, however, no driving cross country so i need to make a decision on that ASAP.

Friday night me, B, Sha and Jesse headed to NY for the DAF2 party. I got to see a lot of folks i hadn't seen in ages and had the chance to party my ass off. Though the inherent extraness of a couple of personalities irked me to no end, overall I had a blast and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. From Jesse's alcohol induced dancing to Phonte's superior hosting skills, to getting to say what up to Evil Dee face to face for the first time in years... there was just a lot going on. No recap could possibly do it justice. Just like in LA DJ Houseshoes killed it... I'm rambling but it was an amazing night.



2 comments:

E said...

1.) Congrats!!!

2.) DAFII - looks like all of y'all had fun. wish i could have been there.

3.) the most important thing... do you realize you will be working like 4-5 blocks from my office this summer?!?!?!?!???? :)

12kyle said...

Great blog by the way...

The party looked like a lotta fun. Dilla is one of the greatest to ever do it. I just downloaded some of his music and I'm still amazed at this brutha's talent.


Oh yeah...Happy VDay (if you celebrate it LOL)

12kyle
the12planet.blogspot.com