Saturday, April 28, 2007

What i learned today

Today I learned that it is VERY hard to do someone else's grocery shopping for them. I spent approximately 2.5 hours on what amounted to a scavenger hunt in my local grocery store. Since my dad can't be in the house alone, my sister and I take turns doing the grocery shopping for the family. Now I will give it to my mom, she gave me VERY detailed info about what she wanted. From sizes to name brands, she gave me all of the info i could possibly need. But 99% of the things she wanted are things that i had never purchased... three bean salad? fordhook lima beans? At any rate, I am happy to say I got every single item on the list.


I can't imagine how difficult it is to give up as much control of your life that my mom has. As much as i dislike grocery shopping, I can't imagine not being able to do it for myself. The love that my mother has for my father is the most amazing thing I've ever witnessed. I truly hope that I am able to learn to love that selflessly.

1 comment:

E said...

for me it is actually the opposite. i can go shopping for other people cause they tell me exactly what they want... but i can't do that for myself because i can never make up my mind.

you are a great daughter.