Thursday, January 3, 2008

I need to stop being hardheaded

There are a few things that I've learned over the past year or so and although I'm constantly reminded of them, I still tend to stray away. But I really do need to stop being hardheaded.

1. I need to go to sleep around 10p. I did it in college and I need to get back on my grind. I like to feel well-rested. My schedule doesn't permit for a lot of time to "make up" sleep, so i need to get it when I'm supposed to.

2. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. I have a friend who's pretty good about making it known when she doesn't like you. While I admire her forthrightness, that's just not my thing. I can be the phoniest bitch ever. I'm not the backstabbing type or anything, I just like to keep people guessing... so I kill em with kindness. I've been a people watcher all my life. I like to watch people and then set them up to act the way I expect them to. I soooo should've stuck with psychology

There's more, but those are my main two right now.

In other news, I've given up meat for 2008... kinda. I hate making my "resolutions" public because then everyone wants to try to "catch" you doing wrong... wack. So if i know you and you try to be on some "aha gotcha!" shit while i'm eating meat, I will say "fuck you" and mean it. So anyway. I've given up everything but fish (and by fish I mean seafood), the problem is I have enough meat in my freezer to feed a starving nation, so... I have to finish that first. Essentially, I can no longer purchase meat for my consumption and once what's in the house is gone, I'm done. I had tofu last night... yummy. I forgot that I actually liked it. I'm just not looking forward to the extra effort/thought it takes not to eat meat. Hopefully i'll fall back into the swing of things rather quickly.

1 comment:

Geezie said...

LOL

You gon finish that last pack of hot dogs somewhere around October?