Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Internship Day 2

I started my internship yesterday. Really it was more like I went to orientation and met a few ppl but either way it was my first day. My initial impression is that I really think that I'm going to enjoy it. The truth of the matter is that I've never had a job that challenged me. I usually tend to take bullshit jobs that pay decent enough without making too much work for me. Needless to say I'm a little nervous about this job, but looking forward to learning new things and testing my skills to see if I can make it in the "real world." It helps that my office there has an amazing view. Not bad for my first trip out of cubicle world.

I also got the keys to the new apartment yesterday. While I like the space and the rent is in my range, I can honestly say that I'm not a fan of the leasing office folks. The guy who helps me is a sweetheart but he's the only one that does any work apparently. It'll be interesting to see how they react when i make my first maintenance call... of course only like 50 ppl live in my building so I would hope they don't take too long.

1 comment:

E said...

challenges are always good. not always fun but you can get a lot out of it. so woooohoooo to the internship. good luck with it.

and wooohoooo to the new apartment as well.